Do you know how many people live on Earth? The numbers are whopping, crossing the 7 billion benchmark. And more than 3 billion love the game – Cricket. In South Asian nations like India, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh, the game’s popularity is immense and ever-rising. But recently, there have been talks of the game fading away from everyone’s lives. What does it mean for the world’s second most popular sport to fade away simply?
Let’s find out in this article below where we will be discussing all things cricket. The main reasons that we will be discussing in this article are:-
- No legends left in the game
- The matches and leagues have multiplied dramatically over the years
- Entertainment is now available at a single click
- The pace of the 21st century doesn’t match the time-consuming game
- Only business is left in the game
- Match-fixing has become a common occurrence nowadays
- One can easily score boundaries
These are but a few reasons our experts have found for the game losing its popularity. There can be many more personal reasons why someone is not interested in cricket anymore. But what about the countries like India, England, Australia, etc., where cricket birthed legends. India and Pakistan matches always excite the people of both nations, especially when they meet in the ICC World Cups. And the Ashen’s league is watched by every Australian. So why is it happening that people think that the game is losing its standing? What factors are influencing this shared opinion amongst cricket fans? Find answers to these questions and other queries in the article below.
Firstly, let’s answer the question that everyone has on their minds. Is cricket actually fading away from everyone’s lives? The question itself is very ambiguous and doubtful. Are you talking about a specific format of the game that’s losing its touch or the game as a whole? Some formats and leagues like the ICC World Cup and IPL (Indian Premier League) are watched globally.
Then what about the increasing number of matches? Yes, the advancements in technology have made it easier for people to see scores while on the go. There is no real reason for people to watch a match other than enjoy their favorite team’s game. Some of the legendary players that people loved watching are:-
- Brett Lee
As these players retired one by one, their legacies also left the game. We have listed the main reasons people might think of cricket fading away. Have a look at the following reasons to understand the game’s reality better. You will also be able to understand the game’s popularity in the 21st Century.
We have listed down the main reasons behind cricket fading away as a sport from everyone’s lives. The main reasons are as follows:-
- Prior, there were not many matches, and individuals used to observe practically every one of them. Presently, you have a few competitions that continue simultaneously. It is nearly like an excessive amount of Cricket is equivalent to no cricket.
- Individuals these days approach considerably more engaging substances on video stages like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and YouTube, to give some examples. Such captivating materials are one reason that draws youth away from Cricket.
- As per the perception, individuals are more associated with T20 than different organizations. They love the T20, for it closes in 3 hours.
- Cricket was a sheer game previously. However, it’s even more of a business now. This acknowledgment also thwarts the opposition’s standing alongside the validity of the athletes.
- Fours and sixes were fun since they came every so often. Presently, with every other ball, the batters are swinging their bats like gorge cricket. Furthermore, individuals anticipate that from the players, as well. Perhaps Cricket is something like what individuals need to see, considerably less a game. Everyone is hitting sixes, fours, centuries.
Today, repetitive limits are a conventional sight; it is no longer a zeal; it is a method for remaining significant for the batters. Cricket is probably the most fantastic game on the planet, the greatest by an edge in India. Be that as it may, presently, different games have begun to leave an imprint with new associations in Football, Hockey, Tennis, Badminton, and Kabaddi. Thus, we can say that cricket is losing its credibility as a game but only partially. The game will continue to be a heartthrob for many people worldwide.